The Evening ECW was organized in March, 2011. The goal is to add a second time to meet for women who were not available for the afternoon meeting of St. Peter's ECW. It is considered a part of the original ECW group.
1 Their first meeting was held on March 22, 2011. The minutes are here.
2. The second meeting was held May 2, 2011. The minutes are here. The June 4, 2011 community dinner is one of their first projects.
3 They met May 24, 2011. The minutes are posted here. Planning continued for the June 4th community dinner.
Linda Beck, Elizabeth Heimbach, Carolyn Duke all helped with the successful June 4, 2011 community dinner which attracted 25 from the Port Royal community.
4. They met June 13, 2011. The minutes are posted here. There was a discussion for a community dinner over the summer and the process of working with the FredCamp program
With the Ruritans they sponsored the concessions for the July 4, 2011 Port Royal Celebrations.
5. A meeting was held July 11, 2011. The minutes are posted here. Plans for the second community dinner were finalized. Other projects discussed included Mittens and Mufflers, Nursing Home Ministry and a Basket Ministry. It was reported they made $540 from the July 4th event.
6. They met on August 8, 2011 to review the 2nd Community Dinner and other projects.
7. A meeting was held on September 12, 2011. The minutes are here. Topics included a review of the second community dinner and planning of activities for the remainder of 2011 including the following outreach activties - a. bringing eyes glasses, cell phone to donate to the Lion's Club b. planning for the next Community dinner in November, collecting toiletries and prizes for games for the Bowling Green Nursing Home at the end of the year.
8. They met on October 17, 2011. The minutes are here. Topics included plans for a November community dinner, details for collecting eye glasses and cell phone as well as collecting mittens, gloves, and scarves for Social Services.
10. They met on December 12, 2011. The minutes are here. They updated the mittens project and announced the 4th community dinner on Feb 4, 2012 at 5pm. They also discussed a valentine project.
1. First meeting for 2012 was on Feb 13, 2012. The minutes are here. The community dinner was delayed until March 10th at 5pm. A mission trip is planned for Aug 22-25 in New York.
2. They met March 12, 2012 for their one year anniversary. They reviewed the recently held community dinner and discussed new projects - nursing home and the joint ECW luncheon. The minutes are here.
3. The next meeting was April 16, 2012. The discussed the projects from the previous meeting and new projects - pocket change ministry and details on the mission trip in August. The minutes are here.
4. They met on May 14, 2012 and in particular planned the next community dinner on June 9, 2012. The minutes are here.
5. They met on June 11, 2012 and discussed plans for the 4th of July celebration in Port Royal and the Joy Song Ministries even on July 15. The minutes are here. The next meeting will not be until September, 2012
6. After a summer break, they met on September 11, 2012 to discuss upcoming plans for the Community Dinner in the fall, the Bowling Green Harvest festival and projects closer to Christmas. The minutes are here
7. The ECW met on October, 15, 2012. Unfortunately due to scheduling issues at the Fire Hall the Community Dinner scheduled for Nov 2, 2012 has to be postponed. They have new projects revolving around the GED, purchasing skid proof socks for the nursing home residents as a Christmas project and preparing bags of candy for the prison ministry. The minutes are here
1. First meeting for 2012 was on Jan 14, 2013. The minutes are here. They reviewed 2012 and discussed continuing the Community Dinners. During Easter they would like to plan an Easter egg hunt for area children and work with the Longs on the Easter sunrise breakfast.